Yay! We are so happy for you! Now you can sit back, relax and follow the aftercare instructions carefully for best results.
This involves keeping your brows clean from any makeup or anything other than the ointment applied after your treatment. Keeping the area clean and letting it breathe is the trick to beautiful results.
If you feel the need to moisturize, please remember to allow your skin to breathe. Apply the ointment in small amounts when your skin may start to feel tight/dry.
After care is crucial, it is very important to follow these instructions to ensure proper healing and color retention. Results will vary for all individuals and we can not guarantee your results.
1. The day of the treatment the focus keyword is: ABSORB
After the procedure, gently dab the area with a clean cotton ball or cotton pad to absorb excess lymph fluid (the clear liquid that our body produces to protect itself). Repeat every 15-30 minutes for 24 hours or until the liquid has terminated. Removing this fluid prevents hardening of the lymphatic fluids which means less scabbing.
2. Days 2-4 keyword is: Wash
Wash your eyebrows every 3-4 to remove germs, dead skin, and build up of product and oils. (Do not worry, THIS DOES'T HARM THE PIGMENT!)
Here's how to Wash them:
- Gently wash your eyebrow area with a clean cotton pad or cotton ball by applying antibacterial/antimicrobial soap and water to it. (Cleansers like Dial, Neutrogena, Cetaphil are ok to use, as long as they don't have harsh chemicals and fragrances on them. )
- Take another cotton pad/ball with just water, gently go over the eyebrow area to remove any access soap residue.
- Let the procedure area air dry, or you can use a blow dryer for a quicker dry. *(Make sure to not use the HOT setting on the blow dryer)
- DO NOT use any products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA), or exfoliants.
- Apply ointment. Take a clean cotton swab and gently apply a very thin layer of ointment to your eyebrow area. Please make sure you don't use too much ointment, it should be barely noticed. *NEVER put the ointment on a wet or damp tattoo, make sure it's dry.
3. Days 5-10: Repeat
The only difference from days 2-4 is that you don't have to repeat the steps as often. You can spread the routine apart now, and only wash them in the morning and at night. (Twice a day. )
Follow these tips for best microblading results:
NO PICKING, SCRATCHING, OR RUBBING THE EYEBROW AREA.
Avoid direct sun exposure for at least FOUR weeks. Always apply SPF 15 or higher when outdoors even after the 4 week period. (Avoid Tanning beds for at least 4 Weeks)
Avoid Facials, BOTOX, Microdermabrasions and any chemical peals and treatments for at least 4 weeks
Avoid any exercise for at least 7 days
Avoid excessive sweating such as hot yoga, sauna, jacuzzi, steam rooms, or hot showers for 10 Days
Use fresh pillowcase and sheets while you sleep and try to avoid sleeping on your face for 10 nights.
Avoid swimming or submerging your head under water for 10 days after the procedure
Allow for the scabbing and flaking to happen naturally.
- Do not shower at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Limit showers to under 5 minutes so you don't create too much steam. Turn your back to the shower stream so your eyebrow area is not being sprayed by water. Wash your hair and rest of the body first, than rinse face gently afterwards.
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Do not expect your brow tattoos to heal perfectly after the first session. This is a 2 step sometimes multiple step process.
• Be patient during your 2 week healing process your brows will change and appear different from day to day.
• Immediately after your procedure brows will appear darker and more defined and this will last up to 2 weeks . Your brow tattoo can appear more solid, hair strokes may seem to disappear, this is normal.
• Around days 4-5 you will experience flaking and your brows may look dry. DO NOT PICK your brows, let them fall off naturally. If anything gets picked off prematurely missing hair stokes will result and cause patchy brows.
• Your brow tattoo will take up to 4-6 weeks to fully heal. By this time you are ready to book your touch up appointment. When the flaking comes off the hair strokes may seem faint this is because a fresh layer of skin has healed over the brow tattoo. Give your brows a few weeks and the hair strokes will become clearer. • You may experience itchiness in the brows after the 3 days for up to 2 months due to the healing process of the dermal layer.
• Not everyones hairs toke brows can heal clean and crisp. Hair strokes for oilier skin types tend to heal more solid and powdery while drier skin types tend to heal more crisp and defined. Also for those who bleed more and/or have oily skin may need more touchups as the blood/oil pushes the pigment out while we tattoo.
• Microblading is a 2 step process. The First Session is used to build shape and gain symmetry. The Second Session is used to perfect the brows and we can add density. This is a process and some clients may need multiple sessions to achieve their desired result, especially if there is an old tattoo being covered up.
• The FIRST TOUCH UP or Second Session is done within the first 2 months after the initial session.
• It is your responsibility to book your touch up appointments. With the high demand it usually takes about 2 months to get a touchup appointment so please plan accordingly. If your tattoo comes back too faded additional charges may apply (to avoid this please follow aftercare instructions properly)
• Darker skin women, permanent makeup will not look as bold or sharp compared to lighter skin clients.
• Some client’s skin may have a harder time retaining pigment and may require additional sessions, especially if you have had your brows previously tattooed and are covered over scar tissue.
LONG TERM CARE
• THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS as everyone’s result will vary due to skin type, lifestyle and the initial 10 day care and longterm care of your brow tattoo. This is especially subject to cover up work.
• Use at least SPF 50 to protect your brows, sun exposure will cause fading and can alter the color of your tattoo.
• Do not use chemical exfoliants on the brows, this will cause the brows to fade faster.
• Do not do laser your brow area (IPL etc), some lasers may change the color of the ink.
• As the tattoo fades the strokes will get lighter and less defined.
• Maintenance is required to maintain desired results. Touchups are done on average every 9 - 12 months to maintain your brow tattoo.
• Microbladed brows typically last 1-3 years (giving that you come in for additional touchups, please see our price menu)
Terms: There are no implied or written guarantees if you do not take care of your tattoo, you should see amazing results.